Arranging a Funeral – What do you need to know?
This information can help you understand some of the decisions you will have to make when planning a funeral. It is not exhaustive, however, and many other areas will be discussed between you and your Funeral Director or Arranger during the period leading up to the funeral. It is a good idea to write things down as you think of them, as this will help in your discussions, especially at a time when you are likely to be very emotional and may not remember everything that is important to you and the person who has died.
Some of the key elements to think about beforehand will obviously be around whether the person who has died expressed any preferences or pre-arranged any elements of the funeral beforehand.
- Would they want a religious, semi-religious or non-religious ceremony?
- What style of funeral would they have liked, elaborate or simple, traditional or bespoke?
- Do you want to express their unique personality in elements of the ceremony?
- How much family and friends involvement would you like in the planning of the arrangements and participation in the ceremony?
- Are there any ethical considerations – a ‘green’ funeral?
(Click each title below to show the form for that section)
Your Name Your Email
By submitting your details on the Contact Form you will be contacted by one of our funeral advisors.
Your privacy is important to us. The information you provide will be used only for the purpose of fulfilling your enquiry.